Effective October 26, 2007.
Information we collect
- When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your name.
- If you would like to subscribe, we will ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- Everywhere Magazine automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request. This is normal website behavior.
- Everywhere Magazine uses information for the following general purposes: billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Everywhere Magazine.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Everywhere Magazine from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not abusing the voting or submission systems.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Everywhere Magazine products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Everywhere Magazine service.
- Everywhere Magazine uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you “sign in.”
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Everywhere Magazine’s services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Everywhere Magazine.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Everywhere Magazine’s content and services.
- Everywhere Magazine lets other companies (such as Google) that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Everywhere Magazine’s cookies.
Information sharing and disclosure
- When you post a photo, article, postcard or comment, your Everywhere Magazine ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Everywhere Magazine does not rent or sell your personal information.
- Generally, Everywhere Magazine does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent, except when compelled by subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process.
- When you upload a photo to Everywheremag.com we ask for high-resolution images for printing in the magazine; however these high-resolution images are not available to the public, only the low-resolution web versions not suitable for printing are visible.
Editing and deleting account information / Security
- You can change your Everywhere Magazine profile information at any time, except your username which is fixed when created.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Everywhere Magazine service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your Everywhere Magazine account.
- You can delete your Everywhere Magazine account at any time by clicking “Edit your profile” on your travelogue page; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in Everywhere Magazine’s records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Everywhere Magazine profile information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, Everywhere Magazine uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Everywhere Magazine may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your Everywhere Magazine account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.